Thursday, September 2, 2010

EOC Week 8:Authority

I want to be able to re-create the design of the company Chef Boyardee. The reason why I want to change Chef Boyardee is because they haven’t changed their advertising for years and most people that our in our generation don’t even know what Chef Boyardee. So I want to make Chef Boyardee more noticeable to children since Chef Boyardee is aimed towards children. So the way I have decided to re-create Chef Boyardee is with a new chef. This person helped me out on my project mostly about font and to keep it interesting. So Denise M. Anderson is the person I am looking up to for my re-design. Denise M. Anderson, DMA, New Jersey had these five points. One: “make choices appropriate to project objectives (client, market, period, etc.). Two: “keep the selection interesting (for example, if choosing Didot, which is a serif font, choose a second font that has a slightly different serif, so that it stands out).” Three: “when choosing a headline type, review each letter you will need, to see if those letters are interesting. The font may have the sexiest s you have ever seen, but if it is not in your headline, it will be of no use to you.” Four: “make sure text fonts are easy to read.” Finally five: “Use the various weights and styles of a font for variation, rather than choosing combinations of two or three fonts. Too many fonts may make a piece look like it was designed by an inexperienced designer.” This would help me because I need to find some typeface that would fit with the new Chef Boyardee style I want to make for the advertisement. This also inspires me, because it gives me some good ideas for the Chef Boyardee Company. So thanks Denise M. Anderson.(Advertising by Design by Robin Landa, pg.163)

No comments:

Post a Comment